10 Steps to keeping us all safe
As the COVID-19 pandemic caries on, we continue to monitor the ever-changing guidelines in an effort to operate safely but still give the best service we can to our customers.
Below are a few pointers that we hope will help you, and will help keep ourselves, our staff and our guests safe.
- All customers indoors are required to wear a mask except when you are seated to eat and drink. We politely request that you wear a mask on entry and exit, and whilst moving to and from your table,
this includes when using the bathrooms. This is in line with the latest Government guidance.
- We respectfully request that you sanitise your hands on the way in using the hand sanitisers located in the entrance and at various points around the Kings Head.
- We ask that you please scan the QR Code on entry to the Kings Head or provide us with your contact details in order for us to comply with the Government Guidelines. In addition, we ask that you scan the NHS QR code to assist with the NHS Track & Trace.
- We will continue to abide by the ‘Rule of 6” and will therefore only accept table reservations for up to a maximum of 6 guests.
- Please continue to help us by abiding by Social Distancing at all times. Please do not move any tables or chairs, they have been placed to ensure compliance with social distancing guidelines.
- In line with the guidelines we will continue to offer TABLE SERVICE ONLY inside, however this will also be extended to outside. We ask that you please wait at the entrance until one of our team is available to show you to your table and take your order. This includes drinks and food for the garden.
- Please do not stand or congregate anywhere inside the Kings Head, including at the bar, there is no service at the bar.
- We have a one-way in out, please help us by following the signs to enter and exit.
- Customers with children are reminded that they are responsible for their supervision at all times and that they should also follow the social distancing guidelines.
- We will have doors and windows open as much as possible to provide adequate ventilation. Rest assured we don’t want our guests to be cold, so we will close these on request, and provide heaters if necessary
Thank you for your help in keeping us all safe!
What to do if you fall ill with COVID-19 symptoms whilst visiting
If you develop COVID-19 symptoms during your visit, do not ignore or try to hide your symptoms. If you develop COVID-19 symptoms during your visit, do not ignore or try to hide your symptoms. It is important you act quickly to help yourself and protect those around you. It is your responsibility to stay safe and keep others safe.
COVID-19 symptoms are:
• A new, continuous cough
• High temperature
• A loss or change to your sense of smell or taste
If you feel unwell and experience any COVID-19 symptoms, you must
• Stay indoors and self-isolate
• Arrange a test using your holiday address
Do not ignore the symptoms: self-isolating and getting tested quickly is the best way that you can stay safe and protect others.
You MUST notify your accommodation provider.
If you need medical advice whilst you wait for your test results, please contact your regular (home) GP or call 111.
If you are staying or travelling with others, they must self-Isolate and take appropriate action based on your test result.
How do I book a test?
• Online: www.nhs.uk/coronavirus
• Call: 119
Please use the address of your holiday address which is: –
The Kings Head
The Street, Whiteparish, SP5 2SG
Test results are issued by text or email so you do not need to wait for your results if you are due to return home before your result may arrive. You must return home the most direct way and do not use public transport.
What should I do if my test is positive?
If you feel well enough to travel and do not need to use public transport, you should return home as quickly and directly as you can.
If you feel so unwell that you cannot travel or cannot avoid public transport, you should continue to isolate and call 111 for further advice.
It is important that you do not use public transport, you must tell your accommodation provider that you have tested positive.
If you are unwell and cannot return home, you will be expected to pay all costs to your accommodation provider.
My test was negative, can I stay?
Stay and enjoy your visit as planned but if you need medical assistance please call your own regular (GP) or call 111.
Who do I need to contact if I’m unwell?
• If you are ill and need medical advice, call 111 or your own GP
• In the event of a medical emergency, call 999
For further advice on COVID-19 visit:
UK Government: gov.uk/coronavirus
Using only the best locally sourced produce from the New Forest, Hampshire and Wiltshire , it is our aim to provide our customers with a memorable eating and drinking experience in a lovely comfortable environment.
Sunday to Saturday 12 noon – 10pm
Food Service Times
Sunday 12 noon – 8pm
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday 12 noon - 2:30pm / 5pm - 8pm
Friday 12 noon - 2:30pm / 4pm - 8pm
Saturday 12 noon - 8pm
*These opening times are subject to change at any time in line with Government advice on COVID-19 and in line with any changes in local restrictions.
We are pleased to announce that due to customer feedback we will be allowing dogs in the Bar area of the Kings Head
The Kings Head
Get in touch
If you have any questions please get in touch and a member of the team will be happy to help
Your feedback is important to us, so if there is anything you would like us to know about please use the form below.